Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Shagreen

It was my freshman year in university when I cut out the last page of my Vogue magazine and pinned it to my bulletin board.  The subject of the page was a totally unique Louis Vuitton handbag featuring an art deco motif of colorful shagreen and crocodile.  I didn't know what shagreen was at the time, (nor had I yet realised that Vogues are too sacred to tear out pages!! gasp!) but now I know it's an untanned leather made of various shark and stingray skins.  I'm generally not big on animal skins, but I do love a shagreen.

{the page that made the illustrious cut on my freshman bulletin board}


{stacking boxes from lillie}

{Tory Burch}



{vintage lighter set from Christie's}

{bowls from Neiman Marcus}

{frames from West Elm}

{Christian Louboutin}

No comments:

Post a Comment