Monday, September 26, 2011

Wanderlust: Craving a Swim

I know that not long ago I waxed grateful on the changing weather and the return to autumn...but seeing as how this is Texas, weather can easily have a 50 degree range from day to day.  As I stood in the blaringly hot sun today on a delightful horse ranch, receiving some wickedly awkward sunburn lines - I pined for a dip in a cold pool. 
This is my inspiration for today's post.  I'm a big geography nerd and also have an unquenchable thirst for world travel - so you may be seeing a lot of these posts as I suffer from my own version of cabin fever.  (This cabin fever is brought on by remaining in Texas for far too long without an exotic respite)

A collection of pools (and general swimming areas) I would basically kill to dive in right now:


This is a floating island at the Hotel Boca Chica in Acapulco, Mexico.  It was designed by Mexican artist, Pedro Reyes.  This this quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen.  You can swim up into the middle and lounge in the shady room or jump through one of the geometric windows which dapple light into the interior.  Yes, of course I want to go there.

Also an insanely cool is this offshore swimming platform in Kastrup, Denmark

Bondi Iceberg Swim Club, Australia

                           
Blue Lagoon geothermal spa, Grindavik, Iceland - you can get a massage on a floating, semi-submerged platform.  A MASSAGE.  YES, PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment